The San Sebastián Aquarium is located in one of the most picturesque parts of the city, the San Sebastián port next to the Old Town. The area offers an extensive and varied array of restaurants just a few minutes' walk from the city centre.
The Aquarium's emblematic building, built in 1928, spreads over 3 floors. The ground floor includes a reception area, lockers and a souvenir shop. The first and second floors are devoted to Gipuzkoa's maritime and marine heritage. Highlights include the skeleton of a right whale as well as a wide range of aquariums dedicated to the Cantabrian Sea, where you can view more than 200 species, the famous 360º tunnel, and a wide variety of tropical species.
It also has an auditorium for events.
Plaza Carlos Blasco Imaz 1, San Sebastián 20003 Gipuzkoa.
Winter (from October to Easter): weekdays 10:00h - 19:00h and weekends, public holidays and long weekends 10:00h 20:00h. The ticket office always closes an hour before the museum.
- Adults: €13
- Children under 4 years old: Free
- From 4 to 12 years old: €6.50
- Pensioners, disabled people, unemployed and students: €9
- Large families: €38
See complete tourist information about Aquarium Museum
- It can be reached by adapted public transport.
- Many Dbus city bus lines connect different points of the city with the Boulevard, an area close to the Aquarium (500m).
- For example, lines 5, 25, 16, 21, 26, 28, 8, 13, among others.
- Information on lines and schedules: www.dbus.eus/en
- The information is also in the Dbus mobile app that is available for iOS (Download) , Android (Download), and Windows (Download).
- The taxi rank is located 500m from the Museum, on the Boulevard next to the bus stops.
Parking spaces for PRM
- There are 2 reserved parking spaces near the museum, located in the Paseo Nuevo.
- Dimensions: 3,0m x < 6m
- European Blue Parking Badge holders can park free of charge for 24 hours at a time in on-street spaces marked as PRM.
- They can also park in any OTA zone at tariff 2.
- For more information about on-street PRM spaces and the blue badge, see the On-street parking for PMR fact sheet.
- There is a public car park 500m from the museum.
- All public car parks have spaces reserved for PRM for a fee.
- The pedestrian routes between the taxi rank, the bus stops, the 2 nearby PRM spaces and the public car parks in the vicinity are accessible to wheelchair users.
- The aquarium has a main entrance.
- Automatic sliding door with a clearance of > 90cm.
- Access by stairs, ramp and platform elevator.
Please note! The ramp is steep, its slope is over 8%.
- Double height counter and free access area for wheelchair users.
- The counter has a magnetic loop.
- The Aquarium has adapted toilets, one per sex.
- The door clearance is 90cm.
- The turning radius is < 1.50m.
- The toilets have a fixed bar and a folding bar.
- The inside of the museum is accessible to wheelchair users.
- Hard, non-slip flooring though there are a few ridges on the tour.
- Homogeneous differences in height with ramps with slopes < 8%.
- It has elevators.
- Access to part of the tour is via stairs, but there is also a platform elevator or you can go back to the main elevator.
Please note! Many areas of the Aquarium are poorly lit.
- Automatic door on the ground floor, door width > 90cm.
- The counter is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- The inside is obstacle-free and the turning radius is less than 150cm.
- The lighting is sufficient.
Left luggage service
- The museum has coin-operated lockers.
- Entrance on ground floor and clearance of < 90cm.
- Turning radius < 1.50m.
- Lockers at a height of 80cm from the ground.
- Enough light.
Assistance dogs (guide, signal, medical alert, autism, service dogs for people with reduced mobility, etc.) are admitted free of charge, in accordance with Law 10/2007, of 29 June, on Assistance Dogs for the Care of People with Disabilities.
Available at: www--irekia--euskadi--eus.insuit.net
- The elevator has voice prompts and an interior button panel in high relief and Braille.
- There is an area where you can touch the contents of a pond: starfish, urchins, etc.
- The museum offers audio guides for a fee.
- Replicas are available to touch. Please book in advance.
- The customer service and ticket counter have a magnetic induction loop.