Buen Pastor is the cathedral of Donostia - San Sebastián and has capacity of 4000 people. It opened in 1897 and was elevated to cathedral status in 1953. The building was designed by San Sebastián architect Manuel de Echave.
This church is in the Neogothic style covering an area of 1915 square meters. It has a symmetrical rectangular form in the shape of a Latin cross with 3 naves, a transept and a presbytery. It was built with sandstone from the quarries of Mount Igueldo and has a great variety of decorative elements including stained glass windows.
Plaza Buen Pastor no number. San Sebastián 20006 Gipuzkoa.
Monday - Friday 8:30 - 12:30 and 17:00 - 20:00. Saturdays and Sundays during services.
See complete tourist information about Buen Pastor Cathedral
- It can be reached by adapted public transport.
- Many Dbus city bus lines have stops near the Cathedral.
- For example, lines 5, 25, 40, 45 in Calle San Martín, and lines 21, 26 and 28 in Calle Urbieta.
- Information on lines and schedules: www.dbus.eus/en
- The information is also in the Dbus mobile app that is available for iOS (Download) , Android (Download), and Windows (Download).
- The pedestrian routes between the bus stops and the cathedral are accessible to wheelchair users.
Parking spaces for PRM
- There are on-street spaces reserved for people with reduced mobility near the cathedral.
- European Blue Parking Badge holders can park free of charge for 24 hours at a time in on-street spaces marked as PRM.
- They can also park in any OTA zone at tarif 2.
- For more information about on-street PRM spaces and the blue badge, see the On-street parking for PMR fact sheet.
- There is a public car park nearby. Buen Pastor car park offers only minimal accessibility. San Martin car park is more accessible.
- All public car parks have spaces reserved for PRM for a fee.
- The cathedral has a main entrance.
- The door can be reached via a ramp and stairs.
- Manual door with clearance > 90cm.
- The turning radius on the inside and outside of the door is greater than 1.50m.
Please note! The door is heavy.
- The cathedral has toilets marked as adapted, one per sex, on one of its sides.
- The door clearance is 90cm.
- The turning radius is 1.50m.
- The toilets have a fixed bar.
- The inside of the cathedral is accessible to wheelchair users.
- Hard, non-slip flooring.
- It has stairs and ramps for access.
Please note! Poorly lit.
Assistance dogs (guide, signal, medical alert, autism, service dogs for people with reduced mobility, etc.) are admitted free of charge, in accordance with Law 10/2007, of 29 June, on Assistance Dogs for the Care of People with Disabilities.
Available at: www--irekia--euskadi--eus.insuit.net
- Partially adapted toilets.
- Parking spaces for PRM in the vicinity.
- Barrier-free vertical and horizontal access and circulation.
- Audio guides available at: www.sansebastianturismoa.eus/en
- No magnetic induction loop, sign guides, video guides or sign language tours.