This website is managed by DONOSTIA SAN SEBASTIÁN TURISMOA, the City Council body that manages tourism in Donostia / San Sebastián. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible and provides information on accessibility for tourists visiting the city.
This website is a living tool filled with practical and up-to-date information regarding accessibility at all of the resources listed here. It is meant for information and guidance only and does not claim to be a definitive or exhaustive assessment of accessibility.
Some resources lack specific accessibility details (physical, auditory, visual or cognitive) because this information is not currently available. However, as this is a living tool, new information will be added as it becomes available.
Information on accessibility at accommodation and restaurants will be available in future via the Basque Country's tourist accessibility label. The Department of Tourism of the Basque Government, via the BASQUETOUR Tourism Promotion Agency's Department of Tourism Competitiveness, is implementing a tourist accessibility model in the Basque Country, covering accommodation, hotels, interpretation centres and tourist offices.
The website's architecture, menu and content have been developed so you can:
- Zoom in up to 300% without difficulties.
- Navigate most of the website using only a keyboard.
- Navigate most of the website using voice recognition software.
- Use most of the website with a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
- Navigate the website using the most recent browsers. The website is not designed for Internet Explorer 9 or earlier versions.
The inaccessible content is listed below:
- Google maps.
- Photographs of maps.
- Downloadable PDFs that are still inaccessible.
How to request content in accessible format
If you require content in a different format, please contact us and let us know:
- The web address (URL) of the content.
- Your name and email address.
- The format you require, for example audio file, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF.
We will do our best to meet your needs...
The content of the website published since April 2020 complies with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. Some of the content partially complies with Level AAA.
Report accessibility problems with this website
If you experience any problems not outlined on this page or if you believe we are not complying with accessibility requirements, please contact us.
Help to improve this website
Please share your ideas, suggestions or comments by email.